Two issues of the official Institute journal, The Mindanao Forum, Volumes 25, numbers 1 & 2 (June 2012 and December 2012) have been released by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Extension (OVCRE) and the Office of Publication & Information (OPI).
The late releases of the two issues of MF have been caused by delays in the printing work, i.e. for the failure of the printing presses to meet standards agreed on like the correct use of substance paper and the standard quality ink.
The MF June 2012 issue contains the following: “Species of Copepods (Crustacea: Copepoda) from Northern Mindanao Nearshore Waters by EPHRIME B. METILLO; “Configuring the Mindanao Peace Process: Implications for Development and Globalization by Federico v. magdalena; and, ”The Revolution According to Raymundo Mata as Narrative Transformation of the Philippine Revolution” by MARIKO OZAKI.
The MF December 2012 has the following papers: “The Salsila” by Rita C. Tuban (Jamala-Ralikiram II); “Panaad: Camiguin Island’s Sacred Time & Sacred Space, Its Purpose and Meaning” by Ferdinand T. Cantular; “Competencies of Teachers in Physical Education Programs of Higher Education Institutions in Region 10” by Cesar T. Miguel; “College Students’ Need for Cognition, Academic Motivation, Performance, and Well-Being” by Cristabel Fagela-Tiangco; “Prototyping the Design and Development of a School Feeding Project” by Beulah Rose R. Torres; “Detection of Potential Pneumonia-Causing Bacteria Found in Nebulizers in Iligan City Hospitals: Some Implications on Infection Control” by Blaisel Mae Q. Baguio, Aimee Grace Gemelo, Ezzel Marco P.Vega, Gloria Shiela E.Coyoca, Faith Amorado, Bernie A. Casera, Vincent G.Tabil and MARK JOSE.
This issue like includes a Book Review by servando Halili of Sukarno D. Tanggol’s Regional Autonomy and Federalism Concepts and Issues for the Bangsamoro Government published by MSU-Iligan Institute of Technology in 2012.
The Office of Publication & Information is extending the deadline of papers for the December 2013 issue of MF to September 30, 2013.
See Guidelines below in the submission of Papers, Articles, Book reviews. (OC-OPI)
The Mindanao Forum
Call for Manuscripts to MSU-IIT faculty,
staff, graduate/post graduate students and non-IITians
The MF is a refereed professional, multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary journal that publishes articles dealing with the natural sciences, social sciences, culture and arts, and business for research and instruction.
Authors are encouraged to submit articles addressed to the Editor, The Mindanao Forum, Office of Publication and Information (OPI), 3rd floor, OVCRE or see Bennet G. Gozo.
The Mindanao Forum (MF) is preparing two issues for 2013.
For the Second Issue — December 2013 (Theme: the Social Sciences)
is September 30, 2013
Requirements for Submission of Manuscripts:
- Manuscripts should not be more than 25 double-spaced pages encoded in 12 pts., Times New Roman on regular sized (8.5” x 11”) bond paper. Graphs and figures, artwork and photographs must be properly labeled or captioned and are submitted separately.
- Two (2) hard copies of the manuscript in CD format containing the submission should follow the Modern Language Association (MLA) or, the American Psychological Association (APA) or, the current formats for each discipline.
- The author’s brief bio data and contact information should be submitted in a separate sheet of paper. The manuscript is submitted along with a cover containing the title and date of submission but without the author’s by line.
- A cover letter is likewise required to state that the manuscript is original, i.e. it has not been published or is not under any consideration by any publisher upon its submission to MF and that permission has been granted the author to reproduce copyrighted material from other sources.
- For non-IITians and overseas contributions, electronic submission of manuscripts is required for easy verification if these manuscripts are original and that they have not been previously published.
- All manuscripts are submitted to the Editor, Mindanao Forum, OPI, 3rd floor OVCRE, MSU-IIT, Iligan City.
- The Editor sends the manuscripts to Issue Editors who in turn send these to referees. In the case of open issues, the Editor and Editorial Board take charge of the impartial screening and sending them to referees from a list of referees provided by the MF Editorial Board.
Manuscripts will then be returned to authors for them to check as to clarity, organization and language style. Authors are given two weeks to revise their manuscripts before these are processed for printing.
Authors from MSU-IIT are awarded cash incentive of P2,500.00 per manuscript per MSU BOR Res. # 280,s.2007. By January 2014, the incentive will be increased to Php10,000.00 for every paper published in MF by MSU-IIT faculty members. Non-IITian authors are given 2 complimentary copies each of the MF. OC-OPI