Marketing Students Showcase Products at Robinsons
by Ace Escol and Pamela Bote
The 4th year students of the Department of Marketing, CBAA recently held the #13PRENEUR: AN ENTREP 197 MAKER FAIRE last February 1 – 2, 2018. Thirteen (13) studentpreneur startups displayed innovative products during the 2-day exhibit at the Atrium, Level 1, Robinsons Place Iligan. This trade show served as the official product launching of the thirteen (13) studentpreneurs in their Entrep 197 subject, the business plan implementation and considered to be the terminal output among all Marketing students in the institute.
The 2-day exhibit was formally opened by Dr. Polaus M. Bari, CBAA Dean and was graced by Dr. Franco G. Teves, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs who delivered an inspirational message among the attendees. Ms. Nancy G. Echavez, Business Development Division Chief of Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Lanao del Norte also shared how DTI, through their programs and services, can help further the startup business of the students. A formal ribbon-cutting ceremony then followed after Prof. Rhede Nelson J. Manulat, Department Chairperson closed the program by challenging the students to continue these ventures even after graduation. The short program was attended by Accountancy and Business Management (ABM) Senior High School students of the Integrated Developmental School (MSU-IIT IDS), Iligan City National High School (ICNHS) and Masters Technological Institute of Mindanao (MTIM).
The featured #13PRENEURS were as follows:
- 3DRIVE – offers a customizable 3D printed flash drives;
- AESTHETE – provides an organic moisturizing lip balm, cheek tint, and hair wax;
- BAMBUK – offers a customizable bamboo notebook;
- BOHEMIA – sells native yet hippie basket bags made of lampakanay and uway;
- CASE DEPOT – offers a readymade laptop sleeve, business file case and sunglass felt case;
- KABAN – produces a 3-way bag that serves as backpack, shoulder bag and sling bag;
- MEMENTO – sells high quality travel pillows that offers comfort and style;
- PELLE & PELLE – offers a collection of high quality synthetic leather stitched into everyday items such as leather case journal, wallet, and power cord;
- PENTATRIS – provides a tetris-inspired wooden desk organizers composed of five (5) blocks;
- SPEIRA – sells a 100% upcycled engineered bamboo cable and wire winder;
- STEETCHES – provides fresh and trendy embroidered tees;
- STRINGS – offers a high quality leather drawstrings backpacks;
- ZIP-IN – produces an innovative footwear with detachable and interchangeable shoe skin.
The product launching was made possible through the collaborative effort of the Department of Marketing, College of Business Administration and Accountancy, Negosyo Center at MSU-IIT, Junior Entrepreneurial Marketing Society and the support of various partners such as Good Frydays, Boy Zugba, Seven Seas Waterpark, Lalaundry Lounge, Zammi Shirts and Prints, Wash Up, SMART Communications, and City Councilors Atty. Demosthenes Plando and Jake Balanay.
The Entrep 197 class is under the able mentorship of Asst. Prof. Marlo C. Novino and Asst. Prof. Stephen C. Fajardo of the Department of Marketing, CBAA.
Topics : Entrepreneurship Marketing CBAA