by Stephen H. Haim
Two graduates from the College of Engineering topped the recent Electronics Engineer Licensure Examination given by the Board of Electronics Engineering this November 2007.
Jake Daryll Obina garnered a 91.10% rating to earn the no. 1 spot and closely following at no. 2 is Virgil Roy Ajo with a 90.10% mark.
Obina joins the list of board exam topnotchers the school has produced and is the most recent in years. Ajo on the other hand, complemented what seems to be like a one-two punch for that Licensure exam and is a first for the school’s ECE program.
Below is the complete list of the top 10 successful examinees for the ECE Board Exam:
- Jake Daryll Ello Obina — Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology (91.10)
- Virgil Roy Requiroso Ajo — Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology (90.10)
- Adrian Solis Paala — Polytechnic University of the Philippines-Sto. Tomas, Batangas (89.90)
- Julius Paulo Ramos Servigon — Xavier University–Cagayan de Oro (88.90)
- Michael Chester Masangcay Cusi — Batangas State University-Batangas City (88.60)
- Ceasar Ryan Tibangwa Cia — Saint Mary’s University-Nueva Ecija (88.40)
- Francis Jay Bejerano Jumawan — University of Southeastern Philippines-Davao City (88.30)
Jerickson Palding Oyco — Technological University of the Philippines-Manila (88.30)
- Allan Tamayo Vinluan — Cagayan State University-Tuguegarao (88.00)
- Philip Lawrence Go Aberion — University of San Carlos (87.90)
- Leslie Peña Isip — Technological Institute of the Philippines-Quezon City (87.80)
Rodney Ortaliz Sia — University of Saint La Salle (87.80)
For a complete list of IIT passers, click here.