Frequently Asked Questions
What is New MSU SASE?
The New Mindanao State University (MSU) System Admission and Scholarship Examination (SASE) is an exam conducted by all units of the MSU System in their respective responsibility centers. Students who make it to the cut-off score as determined by the highest and the median scores will have a chance of being admitted to the MSU System Unit of their choice. Scholarships are also available to those who qualify the scholarship requirements of the MSU System and of the various scholarship sponsoring organizations.
Who are qualified to take the New MSU SASE?
Only students who are enrolled in Grade 12 of the K-12 program are qualified to take the exam.
Where will be the New MSU SASE be held?
There will be Testing Centers all over Mindanao. For Iligan City and its neighboring municipalities, the Testing Center is MSU-IIT.
What documents are needed when applying for the SASE?
Two (2) pieces of 2×2 ID picture with a name tag, and any of the following:
- Senior High School Identification Card (ID);
- Senior High School Ledger duly certified as a true copy by the school principal;
- Certification from the principal
For inquiries, contact the Office of Admissions and Scholarship Administration through firstname.lastname@example.org · (063) 223.8641 · 0917.716.4074
Where will the students apply for the SASE?
Secondary schools that offer Senior High will be given SASE application forms by the MSU System units. You can ask from these Senior High Schools.
MSU-IIT’s Office of Admission and Scholarship Administration will also be accepting applications.
When will the SASE application forms be available?
The SASE application forms will be available in the second week of November 2017.
Can students who graduated high school under the old curriculum (not the K-12 program) take the New MSU SASE?
No. For inquiries, contact the Office of Admissions and Scholarship Administration through (063) 223.8641 · 0917.716.4074
Do students who wish to transfer to MSU-IIT have a chance of being accepted?
With the New Curriculum to be implemented in 2018, there is a very slim chance for transferees to be accepted. Course offerings for SY 2018-2019 will only be for the 1st year students (NEW CURRICULUM) and for the 4th year students (OLD CURRICULUM).
Do MSU-IIT students who have filed for Leave of Absence and who would seek for readmission be accommodated by their respective departments?
For those in the 4th year level, you may visit your respective departments and seek for Acceptance Note from your Class Advisers, duly noted by your department chairperson.
For the others, please read it here.
How do students apply for the New MSU SASE?
- Visit and ask from your School Principal’s Office /Guidance and Counseling Office or any office designated by your school to distribute the SASE application forms.
- Fill out the form completely. Return it to the office together with your exam payment.
- Keep the MSU SASE exam slip which will be given to you by your school’s SASE in-charge.
REMEMBER, the slip is your exam permit. You cannot take the exam without the slip.
- Should you have difficulty securing the SASE Application form, you may visit the MSU-IIT Admission’s Office, and don’t forget to bring the exam application requirements.
Ask Your Question
Tel No. +63 (063) 223 8641
Mobile No. 0917-716-4074