Message of the Dean
Welcome to the College of Education (CED)… Center of Excellence for Teacher Education.
Since its foundation, CED has been doing its best in offering courses that prepare young people for a future career in teaching. As the saying goes, teaching is a noble profession. It can also be considered as the mother of all professions since nobody could attain an academic degree without the presence of a teacher. Thus, CED contributes much to the training of more professionals in the country through holistic teacher education programs. For more than 25 years, it continues to lead many students to become dedicated teachers.
Among the courses offered by CED through its respective Departments are:
Department of Science and Mathematics Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, General Science, Mathematics
- Master in Science Education (MSciEd) with specializations in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and General Science
- Ph.D. in Science Education major in Chemistry
MONERA A. SALIC-HAIRULLA, Ph.D.
Department of Technology Teacher Education
- Bachelor of Technology and Livelihood Education major Industrial Arts and Home Economics
- Bachelor of Technical-Vocational Teacher Education major in Drafting Technology
Department of Physical Education
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Master in Science in Physical Education (MSPE)
Department of Professional Education
- Bachelor of Elementary Education – Language Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education major in Filipino
- Master of Arts in Education (Reading)
- Master of Arts in Education (Guidance and Counseling)
CED is among the top calibre institutions of the country in terms of its performance in the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET). It receives distinction as Center of Excellence for Teacher Education awarded by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) in 2010. CED garnered the 2010 CHED Outstanding Higher Education Institution Extension Program Award for Region 10. CED has also undergone accreditation by the Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines (AACCUP). It is also the leading school in ICT integration, being the hub of Intel Teach Training in Mindanao. A strong linkage with various institutions in the country has contributed much to the achievements of CED in the area of ICT.
For those of you seeking entrance to CED’s academic program offerings, you will find a difference in our culture. You are assured of highly qualified faculty, good facilities, quality instruction and conducive learning atmosphere at CED. With us, your future teaching career is guaranteed.