Being practical and accessible, shopping through the internet has not only become the vogue but has also become the norm in many business transactions.
Subsequently, the World Wide Web has become a global channel for entrepreneurs to create new ways for business to interact with one another and with their consumers. Called Electronic Commerce (e-commerce), this way of business allows customers to transact online through the web without the need to travel to shops.
With this emerging business climate, the College of Business Administration and Accountancy with the School of Computer Studies has set the 1st MSU-IIT E-Commerce Expo that showcases internet-based businesses, the BusIT 3 and BusIT 5, which students have developed.
Led by Mr. Lemuel Clark P. Velasco, the expo exhibits e-commerce sites that will be displayed at the Main Library Hallway on March 8 until 11.
A highlight of the event is an Educational Symposium on March 11, 1:00 – 4:30 p.m., at the MSU-IIT Mini Theater. The symposium features topics on information technology applications in businesses including the following:
- Management Information Systems by Engr. Desiree M. Abella (IS/IT Services Chief of the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines-Maria Cristina, Iligan City)
- CBAA curriculum enhancement through SAP Education
- E-Commerce by Mr. Rex S. Sacayan (MSU-IIT Web Applications Developer of the Information and Communication Technology Center)
- redovencakes.weebly.comby Hannah Abigail T. Regencia and Irine M. Conejero (MSU-IIT Department of Accountancy, College of Business Administration and Accountancy), and
- salekick.weebly.com by Ms. Arianne Gay F. Aya-ay and Mr. Leo Angelo C. Tiin II (MSU-IIT Department of Entrepreneurial Marketing, College of Business Administration and Accountancy)
Topics : ecommerce